A beauty/fashion/style blog with bits of life thrown in between hauls and reviews.

Thursday 7 February 2013

REVIEW: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

FROM LEFT TO RIGHT: Venus (shimmery white), Foxy (yellow-beige), W.O.S. (soft pink), Naked 2 (taupe), Faint (Medium Brown), Crave (Brown-Black)


Urban Decay hasn’t always been a favourite of mine for shadows. I purchased the original Naked Palette and wasn’t impressed. I found that the shadows created a massive amount of fall down and weren’t as “naked” as I thought they would be. I didn’t buy the Naked 2 Palette for those reasons.
Having said that, I felt very skeptical of the new Naked Basics Palette. I thought the shadows would fall down just like the Naked 1 and that I just wouldn’t use the shadows, since I had dupes for most of them in MAC shadows. 
And yet, I found myself in Sephora a few weeks ago buying the Naked Basics Palette. After reading reviews online, I was intrigued - did Urban Decay’s formula really change? Were these colours really that fantastic? 
The answer is YES.
The Naked Basics Palette is absolutely amazing. The packaging has a  rubberized feel to it and is slightly smaller than my iPhone 4. Five of the six shades in the palette are matte. The shadows are very easy to blend and work with and the colour pay off is wonderful since they’re so pigmented. The only issue is that the black/deep brown shade in the palette, Crave, does create fall down when I use it as a liner with an angled brush. However, I’ve yet to find a black/deep brown eyeshadow that doesn’t create fall down. Overall, I’d definitely recommend the Naked Basics palette!
PRICE: $32 (Canadian price)
(L to R) Venus, Foxy, WOS, Naked 2

(L to R) Naked 2, Faint, Crave


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Hi there! My name is Ashley. I'm a 19 year old student from Ontario with a passion for beauty and fashion.

Followers

Random Post

Recent Posts

Video

logo

feature3

Follow on Bloglovin

© Smashin'Style, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena