A beauty/fashion/style blog with bits of life thrown in between hauls and reviews.

Friday 22 February 2013

Battle of the Bronze: Part 2

I just thought I'd give you a quick update on how I've been faring with the St Tropez Gradual Tan in Medium-Dark. I've used the product two days in a row now and I have to say, I'm no longer as impressed as I was initially.

First off, the smell that I previously said was great and not self-tanner like at all? WRONG! I was up until 2 in the morning fighting nausea because the smell became very overpowering. And the day after I applied the product, I had the tell-tale smell of self tanner (which, by the way, is the same smell as a pack of crackers. Lovely. Who doesn't want to smell like crackers?)

Second of all, my knees are completely orange. Not a little orange. Very orange. And my hands are orange too, despite the fact that I wash them thoroughly as instructed after applying the lotion. And worse than that, my knees are orange but nowhere else is even a little tanned! One of my arms is at least two shades darker than the other arm and I'm starting to feel like a zebra!

Maybe a gradual tan isn't the way to go for me - I'm considering trying the St Tropez Bronzing Mousse to see if that's a bit better than the Gradual Tan. The bronzing mousse is applied all at once about once a week and gives you instant colour after you allow it to develop for 4-8 hours. You then shower and end up with a supposedly nice tan. I'll let you know if I do use the Bronzing Mousse!

At this point, I definitely won't be purchasing the Gradual Tan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Hi there! My name is Ashley. I'm a 19 year old student from Ontario with a passion for beauty and fashion.

Followers

Random Post

Recent Posts

Video

logo

feature3

Follow on Bloglovin

© Smashin'Style, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena